SHMII-8 Brisbane December 2017
Posted on July 15th, 2016
ISHMII and Queensland University of Technology present SHMII-8, December 5-8, 2017 in Brisbane, Australia. The opening reception and the ISHMII Council meeting will be held on December 5.
The Structural Health Monitoring (SHM) of road traffic bridges and heritage buildings and the reliability assessment of the design of structural members and systems have both received a great deal of attention by researchers in Australia and worldwide, with many methods of monitoring and analysis now being developed.
SHMII-8 will promote and advance the field of Structural Health Monitoring in Australia and the southern hemisphere, as well as around the globe, and showcase achievements, exchange ideas and disseminate knowledge nationally and internationally, and to raise general community awareness on the need for, and value of, SHM research and application. Visit http://shmii2017.org/ for details as they are posted.
With a theme of Structural Health Monitoring in Real-world Application, SHMII-8 will feature a strong program of keynote lectures, invited lectures, technical visit and touring activities.
The four-day conference program will include keynote lectures, invited lectures, technical visit and touring activities. English will be the official language of the conference for both oral and written presentation.
Papers relating to all aspects of the following themes are invited:
- Smart and other advanced sensors
- Wireless and other advanced sensor networks
- Data acquisition, processing and management
- Damage identification and localization
- Model updating, safety evaluation and reliability forecast
- Damage control, repair and strengthening
- Life-cycle performance-based design
- Life cycle management of infrastructures
- Smart materials and structures
- Global positioning system (GPS) and related systems
- Remote monitoring systems
- Integrated systems and implementations of SHM
- Design guidelines and codes of SHM
- Standardization of SHM systems
- Critical issues for SHM